When it comes to upgrading your water heating system, a tankless water heater is becoming a more popular choice. Unlike traditional tank-style water heaters that store and constantly heat a large tank of water, tankless heaters heat water on demand as it flows through the unit. This means you’ll have a virtually unlimited supply of hot water without the need for a bulky storage tank. While there are various types of water heaters on the market, including common types like traditional tank-style, heat pumps, and more adventurous solar water heaters, it’s important to research and compare the different options before making a decision. However, tankless water heaters have become increasingly popular due to their energy efficiency, longer lifespan, space-saving design, and ability to provide a large supply of hot water on demand. In this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the benefits of upgrading to a tankless water heater for your home.
Benefits Of Tankless Water Heaters
- Energy Efficiency: One of the primary benefits of a tankless water heater is its energy efficiency. Since tankless units only heat water as needed, they use less energy than traditional tank-style water heaters, which are constantly heating and re-heating a large tank of water. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, tankless water heaters can be up to 34% more energy efficient than traditional models, which can translate into significant savings on your utility bills over time.
- Endless Hot Water: Another benefit of a tankless water heater is that it can provide an endless supply of hot water on demand. With a tank-style water heater, you may run out of hot water during peak usage times, such as when everyone in the household needs to shower in the morning. With a tankless unit, however, hot water is available whenever you need it, so you’ll never have to worry about running out.
- Longer Lifespan: Tankless water heaters also tend to have a longer lifespan than traditional models. While tank-style hot water heaters typically last around 10-15 years, tankless models can last up to 20 years or more with proper maintenance. This means you’ll have to replace your water heater less often, saving you money in the long run.
- Space Saving: Since tankless water heaters don’t have bulky storage tanks, they take up significantly less space than traditional models. This can be especially beneficial for those with limited space in their homes or for those who want to free up space for other appliances or storage.
- Environmental Benefits: Tankless water heaters also have environmental benefits and are considered the efficiency option. Since they use less energy than traditional models, they can help reduce carbon emissions and lower your energy usage. Additionally, since tankless units don’t store water, there’s less risk of water waste from leaks or ruptures.
- Reduced Risk of Water Damage: As stated above, since tankless water heaters don’t have a storage tank, there’s less risk of water damage from leaks or ruptures. While tank-style water heaters can potentially cause flood damage to your home if the storage tank leaks or ruptures, tankless units don’t store water, so the risk of significant water damage is greatly reduced.
Drawbacks Of Tankless Water Heaters
While tankless water heaters offer several benefits, such as increased energy efficiency, longer lifespan, and nearly endless hot water, there are also potential drawbacks to consider. These include higher upfront costs, professional installation requirements, and possible modifications to existing gas or electric lines, which can add to the overall cost of installation. Additionally, the installation process may be more complex and time-consuming than that of a traditional water heater, which could result in longer wait times before you can start enjoying the benefits of your new system. Despite these potential drawbacks, the benefits of upgrading to a tankless water heater may outweigh the costs for many homeowners.
Call The Experts At MIDWEST PLUMBING CO. LLC For Professional Installation
Overall, however, the benefits of upgrading to a tankless water heater are numerous. From increased energy efficiency to longer lifespan, space-saving, and environmental benefits, a tankless water heater is a smart investment for many homeowners. If you’re interested in upgrading to a tankless water heater, be sure to do your research and consult with an installation technician to determine the best hot water solution for your home. Call the expert technicians at MIDWEST PLUMBING CO. LLC when you begin looking for a new water heater for excellent customer service, professional installation and answers to all of your questions.